Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 294
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 8-inch round cake pan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Whip together 1 cup sugar and butter using an electric mixer in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, and beating just until combined after each addition. Fold in strawberries.
- Spread batter into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
You might also like
Per Serving: 294 calories; 12.9 42 3.7 67 141 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1