Strawberry Crepe Cake
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"If you're looking for a lavish, yet straightforward way to enjoy crepes, this is it. Twenty delicate crepes are stacked together with strawberry jam and cream cheese frosting to create this deliciously light no-bake crepe cake that will brighten any occasion! Garnish with any berries you like."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 45 m servings 413
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 20-layer cake)
- Pulse milk, eggs, and sugar in a blender until combined. Add flour, salt, and extracts. Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes. Transfer batter to an airtight container and let chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Gently whisk chilled batter to recombine.
- Place a small 9-inch nonstick pan over medium heat. Coat pan with a portion of the melted butter; let melt and sizzle. Remove from heat and pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter into one side of the pan. Swirl to evenly coat pan and return to heat. Cook until edges are golden brown and center is pale gold, 2 to 3 minutes. Lift one side of the crepe with a flexible spatula and flip using your fingertips. Continue to cook until pale golden, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Slide crepe out of the pan and let cool on a wire rack. Continue until you have 20 crepes. Transfer cooled crepes to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Whisk cream cheese until light and fluffy in the bowl of a stand mixer, about 4 minutes. Add cream and confectioners' sugar and whisk on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Stir in strawberry jam.
- Place 1 crepe on the center of a cake board or platter and spread a thin layer of the whipped cream mixture on top. Top with another crepe and continue layering until all crepes have been used. Top final layer with the last of the cream and garnish with fresh strawberries. Chill at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 413 calories; 26.1 36.8 8.7 127 221 Full nutrition