Instant Pot® Turkey Chili
Ingredients55 m servings 247
- Combine chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, oregano, cocoa powder, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, and black pepper in a small bowl. Set seasoning mix aside.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil over high heat and brown ground turkey until crumbly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion and jalapeno and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and seasoning mix. Mix to combine, scraping up any browned bits off the bottom of the pot. Close and lock the lid.
- Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir chili and adjust salt, if desired. Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute ground beef or chicken if you prefer.
- You can freeze leftover canned chipotle peppers in ice cube trays for future use.
Per Serving: 247 calories; 7.5 26.5 19 45 1085 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Loved it. Used 1 lb. Ground chicken and 1 lb. Ground Turkey. I don't like spicy chili so left out the Adobe and jalapeno. We will definitely make it again.
I used two chipotle peppers out of the can with the adobo sauce...that's plenty spicy! Good thing I didn't use any more! But jeez, the flavors in this chili amazing! If you want any more for ...
I cut back on the chilli powder for the kids. Recipe is a keeper!!
Followed the recipe to the letter except I used black beans instead of light red Kidney Beans. They pretty much disappeared. Next time I would add more Cumin to the spice mix and maybe try addin...