Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 518
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 11x9-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and flour a 11x9-inch pan.
- Blend sugar and canola oil together in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer. Add eggs, flour, prunes, allspice, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add buttermilk, pecans, and vanilla extract and combine. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- While cake is baking, mix buttermilk, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract together in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until it begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Pour glaze over cake when it comes out of the oven.
- Let glazed cake cool completely, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares.
You might also like
Per Serving: 518 calories; 22 77.9 5.9 52 251 Full nutrition