Skinny Breakfast Casserole
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"I came up with this recipe by taking bits and pieces from other breakfast casserole recipes I like and making some small changes. This recipe is just as delicious as a healthier, skinnier option by using turkey sausage, low-fat milk, reduced-fat crescent rolls, and egg whites along with the whole eggs."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 15 m servings 431
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 9-inch square casserole dish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir turkey sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and line with crescent rolls; place the triangles flat in the dish so they cover the whole bottom.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, egg whites, milk, baking mix, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a bowl before adding Cheddar cheese.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool at least 5 minutes. Spread the browned sausage over the rolls and pour egg mixture over it al. Cover and refrigerate the unbaked casserole at least 8 hours to overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven until set, 40 to 60 minutes. Let cool before serving.
You might also like
- You can use the heart healthy or gluten free Bisquick options and skim milk but the recipe above is how I prefer to make it. I also use the spicy turkey sausage for some extra flavor.
Per Serving: 431 calories; 25.4 20.6 29.2 200 1377 Full nutrition