Best Baked Pork Chops
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"After searching for a good, easy, one-dish baked pork chop recipe I came up with my own -- and it's the best. These were literally fork tender. I served it with a side of mixed vegetables. I know a lot of people will balk at using the bacon grease for frying the chops, but it does add a smoky flavor that enhances the chipotle pepper."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 670
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 pork chops)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, milk, mushrooms, green onions, rice, and Worcestershire in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine garlic powder, chipotle pepper, and salt in a small bowl, adjusting seasoning mix to taste.
- Rinse pork chops and pat dry. Season both sides of chops with seasoning mix.
- Heat bacon grease over medium heat in a large, heavy frying pan. Fry chops 2 at a time until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place browned chops in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour soup and rice mixture over the pork chops, covering well. Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork is no longer pink in the center and topping is golden brown, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I used button mushroom because I had them on hand at the time. However, I have since made this with other types of mushrooms and the flavors are wonderful. Experiment with different ones as desired! If you don't want to use/don't have bacon grease, use a good olive oil.
Per Serving: 670 calories; 29.4 45.6 53.5 150 2059 Full nutrition