Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 378
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 9-inch cake layers)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line two 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper. Grease and flour the bottoms and sides of the pans, making sure to remove excess flour.
- Cream sugar and butter in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until well incorporated.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Mix milk, vanilla, and almond extract together in a third bowl.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk mixture to butter mixture; blend well. Evenly distribute batter between the 2 prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove cakes from the oven; let sit for 5 minutes. Let cool completely on wire racks before removing cakes from the pans.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- It is imperative that you do not open the oven at any time to check on the cake while it is baking.
Per Serving: 378 calories; 13.3 57.9 7.2 99 225 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1