Basic Pizza Dough
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 103
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 12-inch pizza crusts)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water about 110 degrees F (43 degrees C) in a bowl. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, bread flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Pour in canola oil, olive oil, and warm yeast mixture. Mix on low speed using the dough hook until dough comes together and pulls away from the bowl. Increase mixing speed to medium-high; let knead for 10 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and form into a ball. Place dough ball into a bowl that's been brushed or sprayed with oil; cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise for 1 hour.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured work surface and punch down. Divide dough in 1/2 and form into 2 balls. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for an additional 45 minutes.
- Place each dough ball on a lightly floured work surface and form into a 12-inch round pizza crust.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Top pizzas as desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 18 to 24 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Adding dried herbs to the dough is always an option and will certainly knock it up a few rungs on the flavor ladder!
Per Serving: 103 calories; 2 18.3 2.7 0 121 Full nutrition