Keto Pepperoni Pizza with Fathead Crust
Ingredients35 m servings 336
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix yeast into warm water in a small cup, stirring to dissolve. Set aside.
- Place 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Stir in the yeast mixture and egg; stir to combine. The mixture will not incorporate well at this point.
- Stir in almond flour, xanthan gum, and salt. If difficult to mix, reheat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to soften the cheese. Stir again until well incorporated. Knead dough by hand for 2 minutes.
- Place dough on the prepared baking sheet and press with your fingers into a thin crust 11 to 12 inches in diameter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Spread pizza sauce over pizza. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, then scatter pepperoni on top.
- Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Cut into 6 slices.
Per Serving: 336 calories; 24.3 8.5 22 77 639 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Sorry, did not taste like "real" pizza, except for the toppings. Better than some, but a discernible texture difference which my spouse and I found off-putting. I fear my expectations are set at...
This was so good. It almost, 99% tasted like real pizza. It was even better cold the next day. Already planning to make this again so I have some easy road trip food.