Sinful Custard Tart
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 336
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Position 1 oven rack in the bottom of the oven and 1 in the middle. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, crimping the edge.
- Bake pie crust on the middle rack of the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, combine eggs and sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Add half-and-half, milk, rum, and salt; mix on low until incorporated. Mix nutmeg and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Remove crust from the oven and brush with egg white; bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven; increase temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Carefully pour filling into the pie crust. Sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Move the pie to the middle rack and bake until the middle of the pie is almost set, about 25 minutes. Place on a cooling rack; it will continue to cook after it's taken out of the oven.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- One tablespoon of real vanilla extract may be substituted for the 1/4 cup rum, if desired.
Per Serving: 336 calories; 15.7 38.6 7.1 112 223 Full nutrition