Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 184
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 pie crusts)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Measure flours, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder into a bowl; stir together. Cut in shortening with 2 knives until a coarse meal forms. Sprinkle water over mixture. Stir with a spoon until a ball begins to form.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. Roll out into rounds between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Transfer to two 9-inch pie plates.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe also works with a mixture of vegetable shortening and vegetable oil.
- Instead of waxed paper, you can cut open large resealable plastic bags and lightly flour them. Roll dough between them.
Per Serving: 184 calories; 13.1 15.1 2.3 0 162 Full nutrition