Gluten-Free Caramel Tarts
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a good caramel tart recipe for celiacs or those, who like myself, are allergic to gluten. The most tedious part of this is pressing the tarts into shape. It may take you longer than 15 minutes until you get used to it. You may find you have to hit the bottom of the muffin tin with a wooden spoon to get some, or all, of the tarts to come out after baking. I use Australian metric measures."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 342
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 tarts)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Liberally grease a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, coconut, brown sugar, and butter in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoons of mixture to each muffin cup, pressing into the bottoms and sides of each, making sure dough is not too thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, leaving oven on. Gently reshape crusts by flattening the swelled dough against sides and bases of muffin cups using the handle of a wooden rolling pin. Set aside.
- Pour condensed milk and syrup into a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly so the mixture does not catch, until light golden and thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place a tablespoon of caramel mixture into each tart shell.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and set, about 5 minutes. Let cool before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The condensed milk and syrup mixture may seem a bit lumpy, but as soon as you finish cooking it and take it off the heat, stir well and it will become smooth.
Per Serving: 342 calories; 15.2 50.2 4 38 139 Full nutrition