Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 583
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine flour, butter, and confectioners' sugar in a food processor; process until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add egg yolk and cold water and process until a dough forms. Add more cold water if necessary. Remove dough from food processor and mold into 2 flat shapes; you can use the extra one another time. Wrap each in plastic and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Butter a 9-inch flan pan. Roll 1 portion of dough out to a 9-inch circle about 1/8-inch thick. Line the prepared pan with the pastry. Cover pastry in the pan with a layer of aluminum foil and fill the foil with raw rice.
- Pre-bake pastry in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove rice and foil and continue baking until pastry is a light golden color, 3 to 8 minutes more. Remove from oven, leaving oven on.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave oven until melted, 3 to 5 minutes, mixing after each minute.
- Combine sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl and add to the melted chocolate. Stir well and pour mixture into the baked pastry crust.
- Bake tart in the hot oven for 20 minutes; filling will still be runny and will set upon cooling.
- Allow tart to cool slightly and serve with whipped cream.
You might also like
Per Serving: 583 calories; 39.5 56.6 9.8 136 172 Full nutrition