Double Chocolate Tart
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 25 m servings 550
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch tart)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a pie tin with butter.
- Blitz flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt together in a food processor. Cut butter into small pieces and add to the food processor with the flour mixture. Pulse until dough turns crumbly. Add egg yolk and 1 tablespoon ice water and mix until dough clumps up. Add remaining 1 tablespoon water if dough is too dry.
- Pour dough onto a work surface and push together to form a ball. Pat the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared tart tin to create an even surface. Place crust in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place white chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and heat in a microwave oven until melted, about 2 minutes. Stir until smooth and allow to cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Add mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, orange zest, and orange juice to the bowl with the melted and cooled white chocolate. Mix until smooth. Gradually drizzle heavy cream into the mixture until the desired thickness is reached; mixture shouldn't be too runny. Refrigerate filling until needed.
- Remove crust from freezer and bake in the preheated oven until you can smell the yummy chocolate smell, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool shell completely before filling, about 30 minutes.
- Pour filling into the cooled pie shell, smooth, and top with chopped strawberries. Refrigerate tart for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 550 calories; 43.1 36.2 8.6 139 191 Full nutrition