Roasted Asparagus with Smoky Gouda Cheese Sauce
Soup Loving Nicole
"This side dish comes together quickly making it perfect for a weeknight but also fancy enough to serve to guests with a holiday meal. The smoked gouda lends a rich flavor that pairs nicely with the asparagus. The sauce would also be great on roasted broccoli, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 365
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place asparagus on a large baking sheet in one layer and season with salt. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the cheese sauce melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth and golden, about 2 minutes. Add half and half, mustard powder, and paprika; whisk for an additional 2 minutes. Add smoked Gouda cheese and whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer asparagus to a serving tray and spoon cheese sauce on top.
You might also like
Per Serving: 365 calories; 29.1 9.3 17.8 102 782 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1