Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients11 h 45 m servings 241
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Combine ham bone and 4 quarts of water in a large stock pot of Dutch oven at least the night before. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 12 hours.
- In the meantime, place beans in a large pot with water to cover; soak overnight. Drain beans the next day and return to the pot.
- Remove ham bone from the pot and pick off any edible meat. Strain the stock and measure out 3 quarts for the soup. Remaining stock can be frozen.
- Pour 3 quarts of stock over the soaked beans. Add ham, celery, carrots, onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, tilting the lid to allow steam to escape, and simmer until beans are tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Add sherry in the last 30 minutes of cooking and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
You might also like
Per Serving: 241 calories; 5.6 32.6 15.4 15 436 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1