Cheesy Leftover Ham and Mashed Potato Casserole
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 401
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the onions into the mashed potatoes. Spread potato mixture over the bottom and up the sides of a 2-quart casserole dish to form a shell.
- Combine ham, frozen peas and carrots, mushroom soup, mustard, garlic, and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Spoon mixture into the mashed potato shell. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese and onions over the top. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use mild or sharp Cheddar cheese, depending on your personal preference.
Per Serving: 401 calories; 23 33.3 15.5 41 1345 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is one of those great recipes that you can do anything with! I didn’t have cream of mushroom soup but I used cream of potato. Also, I used string beans, fresh mushrooms and left over peas...
Made it exactly as the recipe called for, well maybe some extra potatoes and cheese and it was great. A great use for leftover ham.
This was very good. A great way to use up leftover ham. I substituted green beans, and mushrooms for the peas. My family is not fond of peas. Otherwise, I followed the recipe. It was easy to m...