Quesitos (Puerto Rican Cheese-Stuffed Puff Pastry)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 540
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 quesitos)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut cream cheese into 1/4-inch thick slices; place cut side-down on a board and cut into logs.
- Place 1 cup sugar into a small bowl; place cream cheese logs into sugar and roll to coat. Set aside.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet evenly into 3 to 4 squares, no bigger than 5 to 6 inches each. Place 1 square in front of you with 1 corner pointing down. Place 1 sugar-covered cheese log about 1/3 up from the bottom corner; proceed to fold pastry around it in the same manner as an egg roll, with the bottom corner over cheese, side corners towards the center, then roll from bottom, up. Brush some water in the last corner to seal roll.
- Place quesito on the prepared pan, seam-side down. Repeat with all squares, making sure there is at least 1-inch between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Brush tops with corn syrup.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use homemade or restaurant-quality frozen puff pastry, if you'd like.
- You can add a piece of guava paste to the filling...yummy.
- Remember to adjust amount of cheese according to the size of your squares.
Per Serving: 540 calories; 33.1 55.4 6.6 31 237 Full nutrition