Stuffed Grilled Onions
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 331
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 stuffed onions)
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium indirect heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut a thin slice from the top of each onion; discard tops. Use a small spoon to scoop out the centers of the onions, leaving 1/2-inch-thick shells. Finely chop and reserve removed onions.
- Remove cooked bacon from the skillet using a slotted spoon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel. Add 1 cup reserved chopped onions to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until onions are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add serrano chiles and garlic to the skillet and cook 2 minutes. Stir in cooked bacon.
- Mix Cheddar cheese, Neufchatel cheese, and thyme together in a bowl. Stir in bacon mixture. Spoon evenly into onion shells. Place each filled onion on a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. Drizzle 1 tablespoon balsamic dressing on top of each onion. Wrap foil tightly around onions, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Grill on the preheated grill until onions are tender, about 25 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 331 calories; 27.9 10 10.8 53 604 Full nutrition