Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 193
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 stuffed onions)
- Peel onions. Cut a thick slice from the top of each one and reserve.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, about 5 minutes. Add onions and cook just until tender, watching carefully, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove onions from water and drain upside down. Brush outside of onion shells with oil and sprinkle with paprika.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a casserole dish.
- Chop reserved onion tops. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat and add chopped onion. Cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir light cream, olives, pecans, and salt into the skillet. Remove from heat. Spoon onion mixture evenly into the onion shells and place into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle each onion with bread crumbs and drizzle evenly with melted butter. Top each with a dash of paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 193 calories; 14.6 14.6 2.4 27 244 Full nutrition