Strawberry Shortcake as Cupcakes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 313
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cupcakes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two 12-cup muffin tins with muffin cups.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Combine milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in flour and milk mixtures alternatively, both beginning and ending with flour, until thoroughly combined. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely before transferring to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk into the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add vanilla and salt; combine. Set aside.
- Remove the medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk out of the freezer. Pour heavy whipping cream into the bowl and whip until stiff peaks are about to form. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; whip until stiff peaks form, making sure not to overwhip.
- Mix together cream cheese and whipped cream mixtures until combined. Frost cooled cupcakes and top with strawberries and blueberries.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Place cupcakes in refrigerator to cool faster.
- For the topping try a strawberry first and if it's not sweet enough, sprinkle a small amount of sugar on each.
Per Serving: 313 calories; 19.9 31 3.6 71 196 Full nutrition