End of Summer Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 192
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place butternut squash face-down in a baking dish; pour water into dish around squash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- While butternut squash bakes, place yellow squash, sweet potato, nectarine, orange bell pepper, cucumber, and onion into a large pot with enough water to cover. Stir in salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove butternut squash from the oven. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Scoop out the inner pulp of squash half; add to the simmering soup. Continue to let simmer to meld flavors for at least 15 minutes. Remove from heat; drain liquid.
- Place cooked vegetables into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Transfer puree to a large saucepan over low heat. Stir chicken broth and yogurt into puree until well blended. Cover and let simmer until incorporated, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; sprinkle with Pecorino Romano cheese. Serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Recipe can be easily doubled to eliminate any food waste.
Per Serving: 192 calories; 3.1 37.8 6.7 10 747 Full nutrition