Red, White, and Blue Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 392
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Measure flour and salt into a bowl. Add oil and mix well. Sprinkle water in 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing until dough almost cleans the side of the bowl. Gather dough into your hands and press into a ball. Divide dough in half and flatten each piece into a 1/2-inch thick round. Let rest about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl to make filling. Fold in rhubarb and blueberries, and sprinkle with lemon juice. Stir filling to combine.
- Roll dough rounds out to the size of the pie pan and place 1 round into the pan for the bottom crust. Pour filling into crust and dot with butter. Cover with remaining dough round and flute edges together to seal. Use a knife to cut 1 or 2 steam holes in the top crust. Place aluminum foil around the edges of the pie to prevent burning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes more.
You might also like
Per Serving: 392 calories; 17.4 56.6 3.9 8 314 Full nutrition