Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 380
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch square baking pan)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix together flour, butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Pat crust into a 8-inch square pan, bringing up the sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- While crust is cooling, make a slurry of cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Set aside. Beat separated egg yolks in a small bowl. Pour yolks into a large saucepan; add rhubarb and 1 1/2 cups sugar, adjusting to tartness of rhubarb. Bring to a boil over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Add cornstarch slurry to boiling rhubarb as needed to thicken mixture. Pour into the cooled crust.
- Beat egg whites, 3 tablespoons sugar, vanilla extract, and salt together in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. Spread completely over rhubarb filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9x13-inch pan.
- If you don't have enough rhubarb, or just want to blend flavors, other fruits can be substituted for some of the rhubarb.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 13.4 62 4.4 92 253 Full nutrition