Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 318
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place yuca into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until soft enough to mash, 25 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Drain and mash the yuca. Heat olive oil and canola oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mashed yuca, water, salt, and harissa. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until stew is thickened, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Insert an immersion blender into the stew and puree until smooth. Crumble bacon into the stew and stir in watercress. Turn off heat, cover, and let rest for a few minutes. Serve warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Omit salt if using vegetable stock instead of water if desired.
- Feel free to use kale instead of watercress.
- Use a pressure cooker to cook the yuca if you have one.
Per Serving: 318 calories; 3.6 64.4 9.7 3 494 Full nutrition