Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 345
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Soak dried chile peppers in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain. Remove stems and seeds.
- Blend chiles with 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Add coriander, caraway seeds, and cumin; blend to form a smooth paste. Transfer to an airtight container. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons olive oil on top to keep fresh.
- Chop 1/2 of the cilantro and stem the rest. Combine chopped cilantro with beef, onion, cilantro, fresh chile, cumin, and cloves. Add egg and sea salt; mix to combine. Form into about 26 small meatballs, each about the size of a walnut.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry meatballs in batches until browned all over, about 5 minutes. Remove meatballs and add 2 tablespoons harissa to the pan; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, and cinnamon. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Return meatballs to the pan and stir in sausage. Simmer until sausage is heated through and no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. Stir in remaining cilantro.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Store harissa in an airtight container and keep for a month in the refrigerator.
- Use any good-quality sausage you like.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of harissa. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 25.1 9.6 20.1 90 534 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1