Lemon and White Wine Shrimp Scampi with Asparagus
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Bright and fresh shrimp scampi pasta with wine and lemon juice! Sometimes I just throw the asparagus right in with it because it comes out so good! I've tried several white wines with this, but my favorite flavor is with a Sauvignon Blanc. You can also make this with scallops and thin spaghetti."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 493
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in juice of 2 lemons and stir well. Add asparagus; cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in white wine. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened and reduced, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in remaining lemon juice and capers until you have reached your desired flavor. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Toss cooked pasta with sauce. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use butter instead of olive oil, if desired.
- I rinse the capers under cold water one time before using.
Per Serving: 493 calories; 9.9 72 26.2 116 745 Full nutrition