Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 757
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix 1/3 cup olive oil and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil mixture.
- Grill eggplant slices on the preheated grill until soft and lightly browned, flipping halfway through, 8 to 10 minutes total. Let cool.
- Warm 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook until aromatic, 1 to 2 minutes more. Add spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes; mix well. Add black olives and mix.
- Cut cooled grilled eggplant slices into fourths and add to the sauce in the skillet. Mix until coated and warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add sliced fresh mozzarella cheese just minutes before serving to allow cheese to melt. Serve sauce on spaghetti noodles and sprinkle with fresh basil.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use your favorite type of pasta.
Per Serving: 757 calories; 36.9 86.9 20.9 22 1518 Full nutrition