Purple Carrot Cake
6 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 290
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Combine grated carrots, brown sugar sugar, white sugar, and lemon zest in a bowl. Toss to coat and allow the natural juices to come out. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a separate bowl.
- Whisk eggs, applesauce, oil, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. Add flour mixture 1/4 cup at a time, mixing until just combined. Fold in carrot-sugar mixture with all the juice that has accumulated. Add food coloring. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool cake on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges of the pan to loosen. Invert cake carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you want to frost the cake, let cool completely and add a bit of purple food coloring to your favorite cream cheese frosting.
Per Serving: 290 calories; 9.5 47.2 4.9 71 148 Full nutrition