Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 632
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil. Add salt pork pieces and stir until edges start to brown, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and sazon seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is white on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add sofrito and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 more minutes. Pour in tomato sauce, olives, and capers. Stir to combine and cook until bubbly and all flavors are incorporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Add rice and mix well. Turn off Saute function.
- Drain liquid from the can of gandules into a large measuring cup. Add enough water to make 2 1/2 cups of liquid. Add gandules and liquid to the pot and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 17 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 15 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Fluff rice with a fork and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use jarred sofrito sauce or freshly made with onion, garlic, bell pepper, cilantro, and oregano pureed in a food processor.
- Bacon can be used instead of salt pork.
Per Serving: 632 calories; 24.7 66.1 33.8 83 2579 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
It tasted very good but I think it needs more water because 2 1/2 cups is not enough.