Gnocchi with Sausage and Kale
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 569
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Remove casings from sausage links; crumble sausage or cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute until it starts to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in 2 teaspoons garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add a splash of olive oil and remaining garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add kale and broth; season liberally with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Toss until kale is coated with the mixture and wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of liberally salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in the boiling water until they float to the top, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Add gnocchi, pesto, cream, and Parmesan cheese to the wilted kale and sausage mixture; toss gently. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir until Parmesan has melted. Season with salt and pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Six cloves of minced fresh garlic may be used in place of refrigerated garlic, if preferred, and you can use either refrigerated, frozen, or vacuum-packed gnocchi.
- You can use more sausage if you'd like--and if you have homemade pesto, you may use that instead of store-bought.
- White wine or vermouth may be substituted for chicken stock, and half-and-half may be substituted for light cream, if desired.
Per Serving: 569 calories; 40.5 31.4 22.2 63 1083 Full nutrition