The Best Vegan Banana Bread
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 320
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x5-inch loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter, coconut sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in mashed bananas and applesauce until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Add banana mixture, stirring just enough to moisten. Fold in walnuts. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you are not vegan, you may use butter in place of vegan butter.
- Brown sugar may be substituted for coconut sugar, if desired.
Per Serving: 320 calories; 13.2 49 4 0 305 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
tired of banana bread so I added unsweetened coconut and some drained crushed pineapple for half of the applesauce. Results were spectacular, moist tender bread with a flavorful twist!