Baked Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Sauce
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"I love the big succulent coconut shrimp found at a popular restaurant. Unfortunately, due to health reasons I can't indulge in that shrimp anymore. I created a recipe that satisfies my craving and tastes just as indulgent, but without the guilt! Can be served as an entree or as an appetizer."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 490
Original recipe yields 4 servings (16 shrimp)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place cornstarch in a small bowl. Beat egg whites and coconut extract in a second bowl with a fork until almost forming peaks. Mix bread crumbs, coconut, and sucralose in a third bowl.
- Dredge shrimp, one at a time, in cornstarch, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the bread crumb mixture. Place the breaded shrimp on a plate; season with salt and pepper. Spray both sides of shrimp with cooking spray and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, combine canned pineapple, chili garlic sauce, and sucralose in a food processor or blender. Blend until completely smooth; season with salt and pepper. Serve shrimp with dipping sauce immediately after baking.
You might also like
Per Serving: 490 calories; 24 55.6 21.4 116 516 Full nutrition