Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Orange Marmalade Sauce
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 687
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk egg and water together in a separate bowl. Pour coconut milk in a third bowl. Place coconut flakes in a fourth bowl.
- Hold a shrimp by the tail and coat in flour well, making sure to leave tail clean. Dip in egg coating; return to flour and cover again. Dip in coconut milk; roll in coconut flakes. Place on a sheet of wax paper or a plate. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat until a drop of water crackles when dripped into in the pan. Place shrimp in skillet in batches if needed, with small space between each. Fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate covered with napkins to drain excess oil.
- Combine orange marmalade and horseradish together in a bowl for sauce. Adjust ratio to taste. Serve as a dip with the shrimp.
You might also like
- Editorial Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 687 calories; 35 72 25.4 198 552 Full nutrition