6-Ingredient Strawberry Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 372
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 2-layer cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add white sugar gradually, continuing to beat on medium speed until fully incorporated, about 6 minutes. Add flour slowly, using a spatula. Beat the batter for 1 minute on low speed.
- Divide batter between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in the pans. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely, about 25 minutes.
- While cakes are cooling, beat heavy cream with clean beaters until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar slowly, continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Lay strawberries evenly over 1 cooled cake layer. Spread enough whipped cream over the strawberries to cover them completely. Lay second cake layer on top. Frost with remaining whipped cream.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- For a fluffier cake, add a spoonful of vinegar or lemon juice to the eggs while beating. You can also add 1 teaspoon baking powder to the flour
- This is very customizable! For example, add vanilla extract to make it a vanilla cake. Add coconut shreds to the filling. Add food coloring to add color.
- Soak the eggs in warm water for a few minutes to get them to room temperature faster.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 21.9 38.7 6.6 192 66 Full nutrition