Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 178
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen scones)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Cut in butter with 2 knives or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir blueberries and buttermilk into the flour mixture until combined.
- Gather dough into a ball and knead on a lightly floured board for 2 minutes. Then roll dough out into a 3/4-inch-thick slab. Cut into 3-inch triangles with a sharp knife and distribute scones evenly onto the prepared baking sheets. Brush tops with egg white and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from the baking sheets and place on cooling racks. Dust tops with powdered sugar; serve warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Margarine may be used in place of butter, and frozen blueberries or raisins may be substituted for fresh blueberries.
- Dough can be prepared and frozen ahead of time.
Per Serving: 178 calories; 8.1 23.5 3.1 21 306 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1