Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 411
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add vermicelli noodles and cook until softened, 12 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water, stirring to separate the noodles. Set aside.
- Combine lemongrass, soy-based seasoning, sherry, brown sugar, and garlic in a bowl. Marinate flank steak in mixture, tossing evenly, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sweetened fish sauce. Pour warm water into a small bowl; add sugar and lemon juice. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in fish sauce, Thai peppers, and garlic. Adjust to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sliced flank steak until firm but slightly pink in the center, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Arrange cooked vermicelli noodles in bowls for serving. Place steak on top and garnish with Thai basil leaves, cilantro, and bean sprouts. Pour sweetened fish sauce over the top.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can adjust the garlic and soy sauce amounts in the marinade to your taste.
- You may need to make two batches of the sweetened fish sauce. It can be made ahead of time and be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week. Also, make sure to use only fresh herbs when eating this dish.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 411 calories; 9.8 58.3 24.7 36 1215 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1