Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 265
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine chicken stock, vegetable broth, shallots, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, cinnamon stick, and star anise in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until flavors combine, 1 to 2 hours. Strain out solids and return broth to the pot.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook until opaque, 4 to 5 minutes.
- While noodles are cooking, saute shrimp with soy sauce and garlic in a skillet until shrimp are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles and rinse until cold water. Divide among 6 large soup bowls. Ladle hot broth over noodles and top with shrimp, bean sprouts, and green onions. Serve basil, cilantro, mint, and lime wedges alongside.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I've used instant ramen noodles and it was still great.
- Substitute star anise with 1 teaspoon anise seeds if desired.
- Sriracha or garlic chili sauce can be added, found in the ethnic food aisle of supermarkets.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 1.6 50.8 12.3 62 2128 Full nutrition