Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 95
Original recipe yields 5 servings (5 cups)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a large, deep skillet. Add okra and cook until the 'stickiness' of the okra is no longer visible and they begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set cooked okra aside in a bowl.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in the same skillet. Add mustard seeds and cook until the seeds pop and are fragrant, about 5 minutes; add curry leaves and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in onions and garlic and cook until softened and brown, about 5 minutes. Mix in cooked okra and tomatoes; cook until they begin to stew, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cumin, salt, coriander, turmeric, and black pepper; mix well.
- Pour in water and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and tamarind concentrate. Serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Any of the more exotic ingredients can be found at Indian (or most Asian) grocery stores.
Per Serving: 95 calories; 5.9 8.8 2 0 1066 Full nutrition