Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 480
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Set an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until mushrooms are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cream cheese and season with salt. Cook and stir until cream cheese has completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Spoon mushroom-cream mixture onto the chicken breasts. Wrap chicken around the mixture and secure with toothpicks. Set chicken bundles, seam-side up, in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with Dijon mustard. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to the oven.
- Continue baking until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Discard toothpicks before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use margarine instead of butter.
- You can butterfly the chicken breasts instead of pounding down. Cut through horizontally and open the 2 sides and spread them out like a book.
Per Serving: 480 calories; 36.2 13.5 25.7 144 790 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Used chicken tenderloins and made pinwheels out of them because the store was i poi us of chicken breasts. I doubled the cream cheese and added extra garlic. But this was amazing on its own, bef...
I really did enjoy this chicken breast last night. I used 2 humongous chicken breast. I probably should have cut the 2 to make 4. And I butterflied the chicken.I just used the white sliced mushr...