Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 206
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut just below the tip side of the head of garlic, exposing all of the cloves, but keeping the head intact. Place the head of garlic in the middle of a sheet of aluminum foil. Pour olive oil liberally over the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cover completely and wrap with aluminum foil, making a cup of sorts.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the top rack, until golden brown and softened, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the pulp out of the garlic into a glass mixing bowl. Add egg yolks, minced garlic, water, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Whisk the mixture until as smooth as possible, about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil in a continuous stream, whisking the entire time, until emulsified and mixture has a thickened consistency like mayonnaise.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use a blender to combine the ingredients, but not all blenders work as the blades are too high. If you have a handheld immersion blender, feel free to use that instead.
Per Serving: 206 calories; 21.7 2.5 0.8 34 64 Full nutrition