Cheeseburger Macaroni and Cheese
2 made it | 0 reviews |
"I love to play around with mac and cheese flavors to make them taste like classic dishes that we all love! This one tastes exactly like a big, juicy, all-American cheeseburger with lots of melty cheese, grilled onions, pickles, ketchup, and mustard. If you shut your eyes and take a bite, you'll be amazed! A green salad or Caesar salad is a great accompaniment for this."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 497
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add oil. Cook cavatappi pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain well in a strainer and set aside. Rinse and wipe out the pot.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add ground sirloin, breaking it up and cooking until brown all the way through, 7 to 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, making sure it does not boil.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in the large pot over low heat and add flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Add hot milk to the pot, whisking constantly, until thickened and smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add American cheese, Cheddar cheese, and Cheddar-Jack cheese. Season with 1 tablespoon salt, a pinch of nutmeg, and black pepper to taste. Stir until melted, about 2 minutes more. Add ketchup, mustard, and dill. Stir cooked pasta and sirloin mixture into the cheese. Pour macaroni and cheese into a large baking dish.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on top of macaroni and cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine break crumbs, potato chips, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil in a resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and shake to combine. Sprinkle topping evenly over tomatoes in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly and bread crumb topping is browned, 30 to 35 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You may also use wagon wheel pasta in this dish.
Per Serving: 497 calories; 28.5 39 24.1 82 818 Full nutrition