Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 221
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in bread crumbs until butter is absorbed, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Slice off tops of tomatoes using a paring knife; make one long round incision in the centers to core. Stick a spoon in the cut and scoop out interior, reserving flesh, and leaving only the rinds.
- Place 1/2 the scooped tomato flesh in a blender and pulverize to a liquid. Set aside 3 tablespoons to use; discard the rest.
- Combine bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons reserved tomato pulp juice, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, onion, basil, parsley, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stuff mixture into cored tomatoes using a spoon. Place stuffed tomatoes on a baking sheet and tent with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese evenly on top of tomatoes. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and golden, about 10 minutes more.
You might also like
Per Serving: 221 calories; 11.7 21.5 7.5 27 603 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3