Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 203
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 2-quart casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Cut squash in 1/2 lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds. Add a few drops of oil to each 1/2 and spread using a pastry brush. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place cut-side down in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic in the hot oil until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove cooked squash from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove strands from squash using a fork or spoon and place them into a large bowl. Add black beans, sauteed veggies, 1/2 cup Mexican cheese, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper; mix well. Spoon mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Mexican cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with tomatoes, avocado, and olives. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Microwave squash for 3 to 4 minutes if it is too hard to cut in half.
- Initial baking time of squash will depend on the size of your squash. If it is small, check at 25 minutes; if large, it may take 35 to 40 minutes. It is done when a steak knife can be easily inserted into the skin. Do not overcook, or it will be mushy.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 12 19.5 7.3 12 521 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1