Pineapple Upside-Down Cake (Gluten Free)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 285
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar, pineapple juice, and rum. Cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbling, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place pineapple slices in the skillet in a single layer, covering sugar mixture completely. Set skillet aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in small skillet over low heat until butter begins to brown and releases a nutty fragrance, about 5 minutes, being careful to not burn the butter. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine gluten-free flour and almond flour in a bowl. Mix in white sugar, baking powder, salt, and cardamom until well combined. Whisk in eggs and cold milk; mix until just combined. Pour in melted butter from the small skillet and stir until batter is mixed thoroughly. Pour batter over pineapple slices in the 12-inch skillet. Use a spatula to smooth out surface and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake begins to bubble around the edges, the top is browned, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in the skillet for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen it from the skillet. Place a large plate on top of the skillet and flip over, presenting the cake with pineapple slices on top. Garnish with maraschino cherries.
You might also like
Per Serving: 285 calories; 14.3 37.7 3.6 62 285 Full nutrition