Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 227
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 mini empanadas)
- Whisk flour and salt together in a bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1/4 cup water, egg, and vinegar; mix with a fork to combine. Gradually mix in remaining water, adding just enough to bring dough together.
- Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and knead gently until smooth. Divide the dough in half and shape into balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add spinach; stir until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool, about 5 minutes. Stir in Manchego cheese, raisins, and hazelnuts.
- Grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper. Beat egg and water in a small bowl.
- Remove 1 ball of dough from the refrigerator. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out circles with a 3-inch cookie cutter. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into the center of each circle. Brush the edges with egg wash, fold in half to form a pouch, and seal.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Place empanadas on the prepared baking sheets and chill for 30 minutes. Reserve any remaining egg wash.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Brush the empanadas with reserved egg wash and bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 227 calories; 15.5 15.8 6.2 47 322 Full nutrition