Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 543
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in orecchiette and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes.
- Place spinach in a large colander. Scoop out 1 cup pasta cooking water and reserve. Drain pasta in the colander, wilting the spinach.
- Roll turkey sausage meat into 20 to 30 balls.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and no longer pink in the center, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour off any drippings left in the skillet. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Stir in garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cooked pasta, spinach, and meatballs to the skillet.
- Whisk reserved pasta water and egg together in a small bowl. Stir into the skillet until sauce thickens slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta among bowls. Sprinkle with ricotta salata cheese and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute Parmesan cheese for the ricotta salata, if preferred.
Per Serving: 543 calories; 23.8 58.2 25.4 93 948 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1