Orecchiette with Chicken and Broccoli
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 761
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in orecchiette and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, combine butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shredded chicken, broccoli, Parmesan cheese, basil, pepper, and garlic powder; toss to coat. Stir in pasta and reserved pasta water until evenly distributed. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can add red peppers while sauteing the garlic for extra color and flavor. I also like to add a pinch of crushed red pepper to the garlic for a touch of heat.
- Romano cheese can be used in place of Parmesan, if desired.
- I prefer to brine 4 to 5 pounds of chicken in 1/2 cup kosher salt, 1/3 cup light brown sugar, and 1 gallon water for 1 hour before seasoning, and then grill or saute the chicken in olive oil. I shred it with my fingers after it cools and have plenty for several recipes.
Per Serving: 761 calories; 32.9 59.1 56.2 142 390 Full nutrition