Slow Cooker Ratatouille with Sausage
"I made up this slow cooker ratatouille recipe when I had bought too many squash! I served it in soup bowls over noodles. My kids loved the Parmesan cheese on top. It would be great with a side of garlic bread and a salad, too! I'm not sure if it's done the way the French would do it, but it sure is tasty! It's more like a very chunky tomato sauce, and it's great over ride or wide noodles. The wide noodles catch the sauce better than spaghetti would."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 40 m servings 319
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place sausage links in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cool briefly and slice into rounds.
- Combine zucchini, summer squash, eggplant, onion, and bell pepper in a large bowl. Add oil, herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper; toss to coat vegetables.
- Place 1/3 of the vegetables in a slow cooker; layer 1/3 of the sausage and 1/3 of the crushed tomatoes on top. Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on Low, about 8 hours. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Red bell pepper may be used in place of yellow, if preferred.
- Don't be stingy with the herbs--I think slow cooking needs additional seasoning to make it taste seasoned enough when it's done. Italian seasoning, parsley, oregano, or basil--or any other herbs you like or have--may be substituted for herbes de Provence, if desired.
Per Serving: 319 calories; 21.5 20.2 12.2 25 1607 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1