Vegan Coconut Curry with Spinach over Millet
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 471
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring millet to a boil in a pot of lightly salted water. Boil 1 to 2 minutes, and reduce heat to low. Simmer, without stirring, until millet is dry and fluffy, about 20 minutes.
- Heat another pot over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in coriander, ginger, cumin, turmeric, and salt. Add spinach and a splash of water; steam until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and coconut milk. Adjust seasonings to taste. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors meld, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve curry over the millet and garnish with toasted almonds.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- When choosing a coconut milk, the low-fat varieties are okay if you look for a can that only lists coconut, water, and guar gum. Guar gum is a plant-derived soluble fiber that helps to thicken the coconut milk when some of the fat is filtered off.
- You can replace the individual spices with 1 teaspoon of your favorite curry powder if you prefer.
Per Serving: 471 calories; 24.8 52.8 11.2 0 429 Full nutrition